Hello to all. I’m glad to announce the release of a new version of xdrip. It has a lot of changes suggested by patrons. I hope you enjoy them. Special thanks for patrons Monoid, kyungmee Yoo, mzst 123, Lukas Petro, Alberto HD,Otto75so3e, Michalis Velonakis whos supported this project. Their contributions were spent to buy a new MiBand5 and implement miband 5 integration and to improve xdrip features.
Please note, this is a beta xdrip version. If there are no issues, the pull request will be sent to the official xdrip application.
The configuration for MiBand5 was left unchanged. And has the same procedure as for MiBand4. (just make sure you use an updated patched MiFit v4.2.0)
New watchface legend for MiBand5
Xdrip miband integration apk changelog
If you like this project and want to thank an author for work done or want to support further development of features, become a sponsor on PatreonIf you have some advices regarding features that you want to see, or want to see similar feature on some specific band type, please write them in the comment of the donation form.
- Synchronized with the latest official xdrip nightly build. (Support of the direct connection with libre 2 )
- New. Added support of Amazfit Band5 device.
- New. Collecting step data from the band. This option can be enabled in the “General settings” menu (The pool intervals defined by third-party applications like MiFit. See heart rate configuration ).
- New. Send alarm missing notification if the alarm were missed(not dismissed or snoozed).
- New. The band setting was reorganized. Removed device-specific settings from the miband settings (features and screens) menu because they potentially can conflict with mifit and other applications that can communicate with the band. All those settings can be configured in third-party applications.
- New. Update watchface after alarm if nightmode active.
- Fix. Alarm hangs on “WAITING_USER_RESPONSE” state when night mode active.
- Fix. Heart rate collection on new band firmware. Hear rate update interval can be configured in MiFit () or any third-party application. To see heart rate data in xdrip, the options “Use Health Data” and “Heart Rate sensor” which is located in Settings -> Smartwatch Features -> Smartwatch sensors, should be enabled.
- Synchronized with the latest official xdrip nightly build.
- Fix. Nigthmode feature does not work
- Synchronized with the latest official xdrip nightly build (bluetooth connection on android 10 should be fixed. But if you still expierence a bluetooth connection issue, please try to enable “Minimize Scanning” and “Avoid Scanning” options in xdrip settings )
- Fix. Incorrect nigtmode timer calculation which leads to continious watchface update during nightmode (every 2-5 seconds )
- Fix. The watchface can stop updating if there were connection issue during wathcface update.
- Fix. Replace graph BG value representation from lines to dots (like in xdrip apk).
- Fix. MiBand5 Watchface uploading issue on some phones
- New. Added “other alarms” ( covers all Xdrip alarms, except glucose hight/low alerts ) (https://github.com/NightscoutFoundation/xDrip/issues/1425)
- Improvement. An alarm would be sent before watchface uploading (https://github.com/NightscoutFoundation/xDrip/issues/1425)
- Improvement. More detailed alarm snooze confirmation text (https://github.com/NightscoutFoundation/xDrip/issues/1425)
- Fix. The screen brightness does not restore on some phones https://github.com/NightscoutFoundation/xDrip/issues/1427
- Removed. Send readings as a notification option. Now For MiBand 2 and 3 the readings would be sent as notification. For MiBand 4 and 5 would be used watchface uploading.
- Removed. Call notifications. For call notifications use MiFit or any thirdparty apk.
- Debug. I order to simplify debugging, this version has a modified feedback recipient address. The xdrip log reports would be sent directly to my private server. If you have some issues please send me the logs so i can analyze them and suggest some solution. The logs can be sent via xdrip events logs interface. Before sending logs, please make sure you have added “MibandService:d” text (without quotes) in xdrip Settings->Less common settings-> Extra logging -> Extra tags for loggings . After this go to “Less common settings” -> View recent error interface. Leave enabled only “Low”, “Mid” and “High” checkboxes And click to “upload logs” button. If possible, in the feedback description text specify the approximate time when this error happens
- Fix. Use the same graph height and offset for all band screens and modes (required to correctly position “no connection” layers )
- Fix. Graph display changes. Display prediction line even when there no treatments available.
- Fix. Graph display changes. Display high and low lines under the bg line.
- Fix. In rare cases, the wathface can stop updating (usually happens when Bluetooth connection lost while sending the nightmode )
- New. Added MiBand5 support (https://github.com/NightscoutFoundation/xDrip/issues/1410)
- New. Added watchfaces with us/eu date format. The option available in “MiBand->General settings” menu (https://github.com/NightscoutFoundation/xDrip/issues/1344)
- New. Display IoB on graph (if available)
- Improvement. Watchface uploading speed now should be 3 times faster. (For me the watchface uploading for MiBand 4 takes 1-2 seconds )
- Improvement. Bluetooth status indication. Crossed bg value when there no bluetooth connection between band and xdrip. (https://github.com/NightscoutFoundation/xDrip/issues/1343)
- Improvement. Increased steps and battery font size on all watchfaces
- Improvement. Data loss indication. The wathcface would be updated faster when there no new data available. Now it has the same timeout interval as in xdrip application (https://github.com/NightscoutFoundation/xDrip/issues/1317)