I’m glad to announce a new version of xdrip which brings Amazfit GTR2(GTR2e) and GTS2(GTS2e)(not well tested at the moment) devices support.
It was not easy to make such integration because there were no watcface editors for these devices. So at first, i would need to create an editor. After reverse-engineering a lot of standard watchfaces I’ve understood the watcface format and made a watcface packer/unpacker and watcface editor for the second generation amazfit devices. The editor was shared here https://amazfitwatchfaces.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1798 . After some time, SashaCX75 made a GUI for the editor https://amazfitwatchfaces.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1888
So now people can easily create their own custom watchfaces for these devices.
To create watcfaces for these devices i actively used the new features available on the second generation devices (system fonts and dynamical object rendering). By using these features i achieved super fast watcface uploading, which takes seconds. The watcface uploading almost not noticeable now.
The watcface for GTR2(2e) also support AOD(Always on Display) feature which can be enabled on the watch settings. This feature allows you to always display your glucose data on the watch screen.
By default, these watches have a vibration that happens after every watch face uploading (like it was on the GTR and GTS) but luckily, on the second watch generation, the vendor made an option that allows disabling this vibration. Everything you need to do is to open Settings menu on your watch. then go to Vibration and disable System vibration option.
NoteWhen you activate workout on the device, it is impossible to update watcface on the watch.
Amazfit GTR42 support
As a bonus was added Amazfit GTR42 support. But this device has the same disadvantages as GTR47. It has a slow watcface uploading time (about 15 seconds) and there is no way to disable vibration after watcface uploading.
The xdrip configuration remains the same as for other Amazfit devices, see my article on the blog .
As always, thanks to everyone who supported this project.
Xdrip huami integration apk changelog
If you like this project and want to thank an author for work done or want to support further development of features, become a sponsor on PatreonIf you have some advices regarding features that you want to see, or want to see similar feature on some specific band type, please write them in the comment of the donation form.
- This apk is a dedicated xdrip version based on carelink xdrip source code and merged with the latest changes from my project . Please note this version based on relatively outdated xdrip version
- Fixed compilation issues ( BG Data table or Calibration Data table should work now)
- Some code changes related to the xdrip merge request (hope this code will be merged into official xdrip application)
- Synchronized with the latest official xdrip nightly build (18.08.21)
- Fixed watcface generation on Andriod 11
- Fixed Amazfit BIP S watchface (wrong Sat and Sun weekdays order)
- Synchronized with the latest official xdrip nightly build (02.08.21)
- Added Amazfit GTR2(2e) support (thanks Kichul Kim for the testing)
- Added Amazfit GTS2(2e) support (not well tested at the moment)
- Added Amazfit GTR42mm support (thanks Raül Aguado for the testing). Please note it makes a vibration after every watchface synchronisation which not possible to disable.
- Fixed Bip and Bip S watchface (wrong Sat and Sun weekdays order)
- Improvement. Watchface configurator was sufficiently improved so it is possible to make more complex xdrip watch faces.
- Synchronized with the latest official xdrip nightly build.