I’m glad to present a new Xiaomi MiBand6 (also known as the Xiaomi Mi Smart Band 6) integration for xdrip. The new version is already available for people who supports this project on patreon and would be available after 8.11.2021 for everyone.
Xiaomi managed to pack in more features while keeping the price as low as it always was, which I think makes this band ideal for glucose monitoring.
The watchface uploading for this band takes 1-2 seconds, which allow offering up to 10 days of battery life with active life tracking features. And I think it can last much more with the power saver mode, but I’ve not tested this at the moment.
This time, MiBand6 brings SpO2 monitoring that helps to monitor blood oxygen saturation levels, which is more important than ever.
I like this watch and hope you will like it too 🙂
I want to thank everyone who supported developing this integration with suggestions and donations.
Special thanks to Otto75so3e, mzst 123, Lukas Petro, István Ficsór, Felix Seidel, Aleandro Corallo, Gábor Vértényi, who supported me here almost from the beginning of this project
Dedicated thanks to Kichul Kim for the testing.
The configuration for MiBand6 is the same as for the previous versions.
But at the moment it works only on the latest firmware. So before installing patched mifit, you should install official mifit and let update your band to the latest firmware version.
Since 18.104.22.168 MiBand6 firmware version, the MiBand developers has significantly changed the authentication mechanism. The new authentication can’t work stable if use MiBand6 with two different applications which share the same Bluetooth connection. So if you planning to use MiBand6 with MiFit or any alternative apk, you would need to downgrade device firmware below 22.214.171.124. Please note, the oldest firmware does not support the NFC feature
Mi Band 6 downgrade firmware procedure
WARNING: This instruction is only for expert users. Doing something wrong may stop band connect with official app / phone.
PREREQUISITES – IMPORTANT!
- Ensure new firmware is fully installed correctly with official app (fw, res, font installed)
- Ensure you know which account you have used to login with official app (where Mi Band 6 is currently paired). If you don’t know, unpair band, hard reset band (from band settings menu), reinstall official app and create a new account to pair band. Your official app account will be required later. If you don’t know the correct account the entire procedure will fails and your band will stop working
- Install Notify app, pair the Mi Band 6 (“Mi Fit installed” status) and ensure the band is connected, then go on tools -> update firmware and choose the old version (the version below 126.96.36.199)
- Use Notify app to install the old firmware only (you should see “connect to update” on band at the end). Do not try to install resources then.
- Uninstall the official app. Do not open it, and do not allow official app to force update the firmware again.
- Install an old MiFit app version and login using the same account. Suggestion: install apk from freemyband.com to get the authkey code too. Here i copied a links to the old app from freemyband website Mi Fit 5.0.1 mod (Drive), Mi Fit 5.0.1 mod (MEGA) Mi Fit 5.0.1 mod (Zippyshare)
- Notice: by using the same account you will get the Mi Band 6 already paired. If you try use a different/wrong account, you will not be able get band working!
- If old official app version doesn’t complete the firmware update automatically, open Notify app again and complete the update by uploading the resources. Hint: press reconnect bluetooth button on main left menu if Notify is not connected after reinstalling official app.
- It’s done!
Xdrip integration apk changelog
If you like this project and want to thank an author for work done or want to support further development of features, become a sponsor on PatreonIf you have some advices regarding features that you want to see, or want to see similar feature on some specific band type, please write them in the comment of the donation form.
- Fixed reconnect issue on MiBand6
- Merge with master xdrip branch (03.12.2021)
Ver 0.6.2 + Xdrip Carelink v0.6.2 (26.11.21)
- Added phone battery status property in config.json
- Added more options for lines display properties in config.json
- Fix. Attempt to fix reconnect issue on MiBand6 (in case if bt connection was lost)
- Merge with master xdrip branch (26.11.21)
- Added support of old authentication on MiBand6 firmware versions below 188.8.131.52
- Improvement. Allow to style bg graph lines and axis via config.json file
- Fix. Кemove carbs part from bolus line in order to fit insulin bolus into the one line (https://github.com/NightscoutFoundation/xDrip/issues/1870)
- Added Xiaomi MiBand6 support
- Added “Graph Limit” option in miband graph settings, so it is possible to control graph scale
- Improvement in watchface configurator. Allow removing “graph” item from config.json, which is allowing creating custom watchfaces without graph
- Improvement in watchface configurator . Added “rotate” option into position property in config.json so it’s now possible to rotate items
- Synchronized with the latest official xdrip nightly build (28.10.2021)